Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme
SME businesses in Leeds, Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Wakefield and York can now benefit from grants of up to £3000 to get gigabit broadband installed as part of a £2 million trial taking place in four areas around the UK.
Suppliers will be offering vouchers worth between £500 and £3000 each to local businesses which can then be used to pay for the installation of Gigabit speed connections. The aim of the pilots is to encourage the market to extend full fibre infrastructure in the UK by increasing demand and reducing the cost to customers.
The benefits of a full fibre Gigabit broadband connection include:
● allowing businesses to upload and download massive files in a matter of seconds
● enabling widespread use of videoconferencing throughout an organisation
● providing an unprecedented level of reliability whilst greatly enhancing resilience
● future proofing - making sure that businesses have the technology in place to deal with the ever increasing demands for internet speed and connectivity.
● allowing businesses in remote communities to compete on a technologically level playing field with those companies based in major cities who may already have full fibre connectivity.
Funding for the pilot is limited, so businesses in the region are being encouraged to contact a supplier as soon as possible!
If you would like your business or organisation to benefit from the scheme the first step is to find a registered supplier.
To see which suppliers are offering vouchers in West Yorkshire and York please visit the Find a supplier page on the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport website
There is no application process to complete, if a registered supplier can provide a gigabit capable connection to your business premises they will offer the voucher as a discount towards the installation costs.
Alternatively, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0113 3787992.